Thursday, July 2, 2009

When Thank You ISN'T Cool

I'm baffled, when did saying "cool" become a substitute saying thank you?

Recently, I went out of my way to help a stranger, he got some great information that could help him reposition his image. He listened, took notes and asked questions. I was delighted to help and feeling really good about it. But as the conversation winded down, I was expecting a "thank you" but all I got was "cool". I felt jipped!

When did "cool" become a substitute for "thank you"? Saying the words Thank you, should never be casualized to "cool". It just sounds unappreciative.

Here's the bottom line, people are busy; busy at work, busy at home, busy pursuing their interest and developing new ones. What's important to you may only be important to YOU. There are very few times throughout the day when someone has the time to do something "extra" BUT if they do, a real heartfelt thank you applies.

If a friend, colleague or even a stranger gives you 1 minute of their life, doing something that benefits you, let them know AND say the words - Thank you!

By the way, Thank you for reading this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree!

    And I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to speak to my sister and I @ the SMC Chicago event a couple of weeks ago. You went out of your way to make us comfortable. We so enjoyed ourselves with you that we were able to get relaxed and just enjoy the event.

    I tried finding you on Twitter to say it, but this is good to!

    @Raquel_Soto

    ReplyDelete