Monday, April 27, 2009

Trip Tips: Packing, What to Wear, Bring and Pack

I must admit that sometimes I go a little travel heavy but the new policy of $15 a checked bag thing put an end to that! Not to mention, my husband started making me carry my own luggage after I started packing books!




Of course, I want you to listen to Tailored Edges but here's the skinny - don't bring a lot of shit. Here are my top travel tips.

1) Think about where you're traveling and what the "colors" are for that climate because walking around in all black when everyone else is brightly lit, is depressing.

2) Make sure you pack a couple pairs of shoes and a pair of bathroom/pool flip flops. If you saw the show I saw on 60 minutes you'd never walk barefoot in a hotel.

3) You need more tops than bottoms. Pack a couple of tops (shirts, polos etc) for two changes a day. You can cut back on the bottoms, because just like real life you can wear bottoms a few times before they start to walk on their own.

4) Have a color plan. Ideally all tops you pack should work well with all bottoms so you don't need to bring as much.

5) Please take you good stuff. Don't schlep your crappy clothes. You're on vacation take a few thrill pieces and whoop it up.

6) This has little to do with packing BUT you should dress the way you want to arrive. In other words, don't go the airport all jacked up. You never know who you will meet and you'll get better service!

Want the rest of my tips? Listen to my broadcast on Tailored Edges with Robin Walker http://blogtalkradio.com/tailorededges and Get an Edge on Packing for your Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment