Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hey, this Dick doesn't Work

I believe in "truth in advertising" and if you promise hours of fun - I expect hours of fun. So, why then, did I have to return my new battery operated toy.



I was so disappointed, I marched right into the store, set it on the counter and said "this dick doesn't work."

Here's the quick version of the whole story, along with what I'd like to think is a learning point. With the economy being tight, every purchase counts, I need to know my money is being well spent, even if its on a sex toy. The packaging said "hours of fun" and I only got about 1 hour before it broke, seems to me that I was lied to.

I spent an hour in the store selecting my toys, not to mention going out in the cold and fighting the elements. I wanted a high performance toy and what I got was a broken dick. In a mood, I demanded my husband take me back to the store. He did but, of course, he stayed in the car (typical.)

The clerk was kind but perplexed and everybody around the register thought I was nuts but admired my balls. Bottom line, I got a new dick, an apology and a coupon for my next purchase.

The moral of the story is this: Just because you bought it, doesn't mean you have to keep it if it's not working for you. Same rule applies to clothing. Don't put good money after bad, if you get it home and it's not working for you - take it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment